Peak Pairs, First Ascents, and Unique Peaks for J Mitchell
Most significant unique peak pairs by key metrics, first ascents, and all uniquely ascended peaks
Highest Unique Pair of Peaks Climbed
The two highest peaks where only J Mitchell has climbed both.
Most Prominent Unique Pair of Peaks Climbed
The two most prominent peaks where only J Mitchell has climbed both.
Most Isolated Unique Pair of Peaks Climbed
The two most isolated peaks where only J Mitchell has climbed both.
First Ascents by J Mitchell
There are no first ascents for this climber.
All Peaks Climbed only by J Mitchell
There are no unique peaks for this climber.
- The first three peak pairs on this page show the superlative unique pairs for three key metrics: Elevation, Prominence, and Isolation.
- Most hikers or climbers that log their ascents on Peakbagger.com have a number of unique peak pairs--a set of two successfully climbed peaks such that no other registed site user has also climbed both.
- Since virtually no one can claim to have made the only ascent ever of a peak, these peak pairs are a way to claim some uniqueness--being able to say "I am the only one to ever climb both Peak A and Peak B".
- Many of a hiker's unique peak pairs will be relatively low, minor, or otherwise insignificant peaks, and therefore climbing both may not be a particularly impressive achievement.
- So the pairs above represent the most significant of all a climber's unique pairs--the most impressive unique pairs to use as a badge of honor.
- Mathematically, the pairs listed above maximize the value of the secondary peak in the pair--for example, showing the pair that has the highest elevation for the pair's second-highest peak. Put another way, it shows the two highest-value peaks that only this climber has climbed.
- The final listing shows the peaks (if any) where the hiker/climber is the only ascender with logged ascents.
- Of course, all these listings are purely based on the logged climbs in the Peakbagger.com database, so they should not be taken as completely accurate.