Peak Pairs, First Ascents, and Unique Peaks for Tim McCabe
Most significant unique peak pairs by key metrics, first ascents, and all uniquely ascended peaks
Highest Unique Pair of Peaks Climbed
The two highest peaks where only Tim McCabe has climbed both.
Most Prominent Unique Pair of Peaks Climbed
The two most prominent peaks where only Tim McCabe has climbed both.
Most Isolated Unique Pair of Peaks Climbed
The two most isolated peaks where only Tim McCabe has climbed both.
First Ascents by Tim McCabe
There are no first ascents for this climber.
All Peaks Climbed only by Tim McCabe
There are no unique peaks for this climber.
- The first three peak pairs on this page show the superlative unique pairs for three key metrics: Elevation, Prominence, and Isolation.
- Most hikers or climbers that log their ascents on Peakbagger.com have a number of unique peak pairs--a set of two successfully climbed peaks such that no other registed site user has also climbed both.
- Since virtually no one can claim to have made the only ascent ever of a peak, these peak pairs are a way to claim some uniqueness--being able to say "I am the only one to ever climb both Peak A and Peak B".
- Many of a hiker's unique peak pairs will be relatively low, minor, or otherwise insignificant peaks, and therefore climbing both may not be a particularly impressive achievement.
- So the pairs above represent the most significant of all a climber's unique pairs--the most impressive unique pairs to use as a badge of honor.
- Mathematically, the pairs listed above maximize the value of the secondary peak in the pair--for example, showing the pair that has the highest elevation for the pair's second-highest peak. Put another way, it shows the two highest-value peaks that only this climber has climbed.
- The final listing shows the peaks (if any) where the hiker/climber is the only ascender with logged ascents.
- Of course, all these listings are purely based on the logged climbs in the Peakbagger.com database, so they should not be taken as completely accurate.