Prominence Summary - Totals by Year
Jake Aldrich's Peaks by Year/Prominence
|Year||Top 50||Top 100||Prominence Cutoffs||All Peaks||All Points||6500 ft||5000 ft||3000 ft||2000 ft||1600 ft||1000 ft||300 ft||100 ft|
|2017|| || ||2||2||2||2||2||2||4||4||4||4|
|2018|| || || ||1||5||7||11||16||21||28||30||30|
|2019|| || || || ||6||18||20||24||56||60||60||60|
|2020|| || ||1||5||13||21||26||36||70||79||80||84|
|2021|| || ||1||3||4||10||15||24||43||51||54||57|
|World Total||50||100||499||1,447||8,994||30,895||55,973||169,555||1,634,026||7,798,709|| || |
|Percent||2%||1%||1%||0.83%||0.37%||0.2%||0.15%||0.07%||0.01%||0%|| || |
|Year||Top 50||Top 100||6500 ft||5000 ft||3000 ft||2000 ft||1600 ft||1000 ft||300 ft||100 ft||All Peaks||All Points||Prominence Cutoffs|
|200 or more peaks|
- This table shows counts by year and various prominence categories for a climber, plus overall totals.
- The default is to count only unique peaks climbed, but there is a link above for showing counts of all ascents, which includes multiple ascents of the same peak.
- Each column refers to a commonly used prominence cutoff for peaks. You can select either metric or foot-based ranges.
- The "All Peaks" column shows all peaks that have any prominence at all, even those with 1 meter (or 1 foot) of prominence.
- The "All Points" column will include "liner" highpoints and other zero-prominence spots in the Peakbagger database.
- When using the Home or Foreign country options, note that peaks on the boundary of your home country are counted as "Home" but not as "Foreign", to avoid double-counting.
- Also, for this page only, the Isle of Man, Jersey and Guernsey are considered to be part of the U.K. for Home/Foreign purposes.
- Non-summit goal hikes to places not in the Peakbagger database are not counted in any column.
- Global total counts for peaks in the ranges from 30m to 1000m (100 ft to 3000 ft) are taken from Andrew Kirmse's master prominence analysis.
- There are no global counts for all peaks and all points. These totals would be impossible to determine or theoretically infinite.