Prominence Summary - Totals by Year
|Year||Top 50||Top 100||Prominence Cutoffs||All Peaks||All Points||6500 ft||5000 ft||3000 ft||2000 ft||1600 ft||1000 ft||300 ft||100 ft|
|2013|| || || ||6||9||11||12||12||14||15||15||16|
|2014|| || || ||2||4||4||4||6||10||11||11||11|
|2016|| || || || ||4||4||5||6||7||7||7||8|
|2017|| || ||1||1||4||5||7||8||10||10||10||11|
|World Total||50||100||499||1,447||8,994||30,895||55,973||169,555||1,634,026||7,798,709|| || |
|Percent||0%||1%||0.4%||0.69%||0.24%||0.08%||0.05%||0.02%||0%||0%|| || |
|Year||Top 50||Top 100||6500 ft||5000 ft||3000 ft||2000 ft||1600 ft||1000 ft||300 ft||100 ft||All Peaks||All Points||Prominence Cutoffs|
|200 or more peaks|
- This table shows counts by year and various prominence categories for a climber, plus overall totals.
- The default is to count only unique peaks climbed, but there is a link above for showing counts of all ascents, which includes multiple ascents of the same peak.
- Each column refers to a commonly used prominence cutoff for peaks. You can select either metric or foot-based ranges.
- The "All Peaks" column shows all peaks that have any prominence at all, even those with 1 meter (or 1 foot) of prominence.
- The "All Points" column will include "liner" highpoints and other zero-prominence spots in the Peakbagger database.
- When using the Home or Foreign country options, note that peaks on the boundary of your home country are counted as "Home" but not as "Foreign", to avoid double-counting.
- Non-summit goal hikes to places not in the Peakbagger database are not counted in any column.
- Global total counts for peaks in the ranges from 30m to 1000m (100 ft to 3000 ft) are taken from Andrew Kirmse's master prominence analysis.
- There are no global counts for all peaks and all points. These totals would be impossible to determine or theoretically infinite.