Cascade Volcanoes Peak Pin - Multiple Ascents Grid
Tacoma Branch of the Mountaineers
|Rank||Peak|| Elev-Ft || Prom-Ft ||Total||Round 1|
|1.||Mount Rainier||14,411||13,246|| || |
|2.||Mount Shasta||14,162||9762|| || |
|3.||Mount Adams||12,276||8116|| || |
|4.||Mount Hood||11,239||7706|| || |
|5.||Little Tahoma||11,138||818|| || |
|6.||Mount Baker||10,781||8812|| || |
|7.||Glacier Peak||10,520||7498|| || |
|8.||Mount Jefferson||10,497||5777|| || |
|9.||Lassen Peak||10,457||5229|| || |
|10.||South Sister||10,358||5588|| || |
|11.||North Sister||10,085||2725|| || |
|12.||Middle Sister||10,047||1127|| || |
|13.||Mount McLoughlin||9495||4455|| || |
|14.||Mount Thielsen||9182||3342|| || |
|15.||Broken Top||9175||2175|| || |
|16.||Mount Bachelor||9065||2665|| || |
|17.||Mount Garibaldi||8776||2805|| || |
|18.||Mount Saint Helens||8333||4573|| || |
|19.||Three Fingered Jack||7841||2481|| || |
|20.||Mount Washington||7794||2554|| || |
Main Peak List: Click here to see the standard peak listing, showning more informational columns and just the first ascent date.
Front Runners List: Click here to see list completion progress by climbers that log their climbs using Peakbagger.com.
Compare Climbers: Click here to compare ascents of up to 5 climbers working on this list.
About the Multiple Ascent Grid:
- This table grid shows all peaks on a given list, and all ascents done by Ken Oeser, up to 10 ascents per peak.
- While many peakbaggers do not like to repeat ascents, some will try to do multiple "laps" or "rounds" of a favorite list, often one close to home.
- The header for each ascent column shows, in parentheses, the total number of peaks climbed in each "round", and clicking the header link will sort your ascents for that round.
- Due to space limitations, this listing has just the basic peak info, so up to ten date columns can be shown. Please use the main peak list (linked above) for more basic info and functionality.
- Some climbers will log two ascents of the same peak on the same day--for example, when doing an out-and-back ridge run with other ascents sandwiched between two of the same peak. Some might not consider these to be two separate ascents for the purposes of doing multiple rounds. Clicking on the "Count a peak only once per day" link in the header will collapse multiple ascents of a peak on a single day into just one ascent for this grid list.
This is a relatively new addition to the roster of peakbagging lists maintained by the Mountaineers. The Tacoma Branch of the club came up with this list of 20 Northwest volcanoes that stretch from California to British Columbia, and it does make a nice "tick list" for people interested in volcano climbing. Most of these peaks are also excellent ski-mountaineering destinations.
Note that despite being called the "Cascade Volcanoes Peak Pin", technically Mount Garibaldi in B.C. is usually not considered part of the Cascade Range, since the Fraser River is the natural northern boundary of the Cascades. However, it is a notable volcano formed by the same geologic forces that produced the ones to the south.
Selected Guidebook(s) for this List Climbing the Cascade Volcanoes (Smoot)
Caution: These books feature many of the peaks on this list, but may not have information on all of them.
Map Showing Location of Peaks
= Peaks climbed by Ken Oeser = Unclimbed peaksClick on a peak to see its name and a clickable link.
(Map only shows peaks ranked by clean prominence)
This page has been served 1073615 times since 2004-11-01.