Kiglapait Mountains 2500-foot Peaks - Multiple Ascents Grid
Ranked Peaks have 1000 feet of Clean Prominence
Main Peak List: Click here to see the standard peak listing, showning more informational columns and just the first ascent date.
Front Runners List: Click here to see list completion progress by climbers that log their climbs using Peakbagger.com.
Compare Climbers: Click here to compare ascents of up to 5 climbers working on this list.
About the Multiple Ascent Grid:
- This table grid shows all peaks on a given list, and all ascents done by Aubrey Davidson, up to 10 ascents per peak.
- While many peakbaggers do not like to repeat ascents, some will try to do multiple "laps" or "rounds" of a favorite list, often one close to home.
- The header for each ascent column shows, in parentheses, the total number of peaks climbed in each "round", and clicking the header link will sort your ascents for that round.
- Due to space limitations, this listing has just the basic peak info, so up to ten date columns can be shown. Please use the main peak list (linked above) for more basic info and functionality.
- Some climbers will log two ascents of the same peak on the same day--for example, when doing an out-and-back ridge run with other ascents sandwiched between two of the same peak. Some might not consider these to be two separate ascents for the purposes of doing multiple rounds. Clicking on the "Count a peak only once per day" link in the header will collapse multiple ascents of a peak on a single day into just one ascent for this grid list.
The Kiglapait Mountains lie near Nain, in nothern Labrador but south of the Torngat and Kauamjet Mountains. Not as high as those ranges, they still boast very rugged terrain and many peaks with high prominence values. Most peaks here do not have names, so I assigned them a designation based on their elevation and map sheet. I would imagine that most of these summits have not yet been climbed.
Richard Garland is 99% responsible for this list. I verified his work by double-checking his contor-counting and cleaning up the latitude-longitudes using GIS software. See his web page below for his verison of the list.
Links Papa Bear's Torngat's Page - Richard Garland
Toporama: Canadian Topographic Maps Online
Map Showing Location of Peaks
= Peaks climbed by Aubrey Davidson = Unclimbed peaksClick on a peak to see its name and a clickable link.
(Map only shows peaks ranked by clean prominence)
This page has been served 1333698 times since 2004-11-01.