Canadian Rocky Mountain 11,000-foot Peaks - Multiple Ascents Grid
|1.||Mount Robson||12,989||9281|| || |
|2.||Mount Columbia||12,274||7779|| || |
|3.||North Twin||12,247||2438|| || |
|4.||Mount Clemenceau||12,021||4902|| || |
|5.||Twins Tower||11,900||417|| || |
|6.||Mount Alberta||11,870||2753|| || |
|7.||Mount Forbes||11,867||5410|| || |
|8.||Mount Assiniboine||11,864||6831|| || |
|9.||South Twin||11,749||1053|| || |
|10.||Mount Goodsir||11,703||6289|| || |
|11.||Mount Temple||11,614||5020|| || |
|12.||Mount Brazeau||11,565||4839|| || |
|13.||Mount Goodsir-North Tower||11,506||1040|| || |
|14.||Mount Kitchener||11,499||1066|| || |
|15.||Mount Bryce||11,483||4147|| || |
|16.||Mount Lyell||11,476||3570|| || |
|17.||Mount Lyell-Edward Peak||11,467||344|| || |
|18.||Mount Athabasca||11,453||2169|| || |
|19.||Hungabee Mountain||11,450||3238|| || |
|20.||Snow Dome||11,385||558|| || |
|21.||Mount Victoria||11,375||1762|| || |
|22.||Mount Woolley||11,352||1969|| || |
|22.||Stutfield Peak-Northeast Peak||11,352||656|| || |
|24.||Mount Andromeda||11,319||991|| || |
|24.||Stutfield Peak||11,319||886|| || |
|26.||Mount Lyell-Walter Peak||11,312||453|| || |
|27.||Mount Lefroy||11,293||1368|| || |
|28.||Mount King Edward||11,286||2264|| || |
|29.||Mount Joffre||11,263||4938|| || |
|30.||Deltaform Mountain||11,240||2697|| || |
|31.||Diadem Peak||11,220||787|| || |
|32.||The Helmet||11,214||420|| || |
|33.||Tsar Mountain||11,211||4111|| || |
|34.||Mount King George||11,198||4360|| || |
|35.||Mount Sir Douglas||11,191||3743|| || |
|36.||Resplendent Mountain||11,181||1568|| || |
|37.||Mount Lyell-Christian Peak||11,175||381|| || |
|38.||Mount Alexandra||11,158||1348|| || |
|39.||Whitehorn Mountain||11,152||5732|| || |
|40.||Mount Hector||11,135||5771|| || |
|41.||West Twin||11,115||420|| || |
|42.||Mount Bryce-Northeast Peak||11,106||509|| || |
|43.||Mount Warren||11,073||1312|| || |
|44.||Mount Willingdon||11,066||3389|| || |
|45.||Mount Edith Cavell||11,033||6670|| || |
|46.||Tusk Peak||11,030||3583|| || |
|47.||Mount Fryatt||11,027||5276|| || |
|47.||Mount Cline||11,027||4268|| || |
|49.||Mount Harrison||11,024||5807|| || |
|49.||Crown Peak||11,024||774|| || |
|51.||Recondite Peak||11,013||1763|| || |
|52.||Mount Murchison||11,001||3192|| || |
Main Peak List: Click here to see the standard peak listing, showning more informational columns and just the first ascent date.
Front Runners List: Click here to see list completion progress by climbers that log their climbs using Peakbagger.com.
Compare Climbers: Click here to compare ascents of up to 5 climbers working on this list.
About the Multiple Ascent Grid:
- This table grid shows all peaks on a given list, and all ascents done by Robert Kleffner, up to 10 ascents per peak.
- While many peakbaggers do not like to repeat ascents, some will try to do multiple "laps" or "rounds" of a favorite list, often one close to home.
- The header for each ascent column shows, in parentheses, the total number of peaks climbed in each "round", and clicking the header link will sort your ascents for that round.
- Due to space limitations, this listing has just the basic peak info, so up to ten date columns can be shown. Please use the main peak list (linked above) for more basic info and functionality.
- Some climbers will log two ascents of the same peak on the same day--for example, when doing an out-and-back ridge run with other ascents sandwiched between two of the same peak. Some might not consider these to be two separate ascents for the purposes of doing multiple rounds. Clicking on the "Count a peak only once per day" link in the header will collapse multiple ascents of a peak on a single day into just one ascent for this grid list.
The Canadian Rockies list is a well-known and theoretically popular pursuit, although the overall difficulty of the peaks means that there are few completers. However, there is no universal consensus on which peaks are on the list, and no official club or governing body is responsible for its contents.
Surveyed summit elevations for many peaks, especially in Alberta, are not especially accurate, so there are a few peaks that may be on or off the list pending more accurate measurements. Also, there is no standard prominence cut-off for minor sub-peaks, so some versions of the list include minor bumps like Lunette, Rae, North Victoria, etc.
The list on this page shows the 50 peaks with an elevation over 11,000 feet and a clean prominence (rise from col) of 300 feet. This site also has a "club list" based on the 54 peaks in Bill Corbett's definitive guidebook.
All versions of the list include some very challenging peaks that make completing it a job for experienced alpinists who have taken time to become experts in the loose rock and other hazards offered by these mountains. Mount Alberta and Mount Robson are usually cited as the toughest objectives.
Selected Guidebook(s) for this List Selected Alpine Climbs in the Canadian Rockies (Dougherty)
The 11,00ers of the Canadian Rockies (Corbett)
Caution: These books feature many of the peaks on this list, but may not have information on all of them.
Map Showing Location of Peaks
= Peaks climbed by Robert Kleffner = Unclimbed peaksClick on a peak to see its name and a clickable link.
(Map only shows peaks ranked by clean prominence)
This page has been served 592986 times since 2004-11-01.