Ascent of Yost Benchmark on 2020-12-30
|Other People:||Solo Ascent|
Only Party on Mountain
|Date:||Wednesday, December 30, 2020|
|Ascent Type:||Successful Summit Attained|
| Motorized Transport to Trailhead:||Car|
| Elevation:||3280 ft / 999 m|
Ascent Trip Report- Parked off Deerfield Rd, passed two big frozen puddles at the entrance of FR-468.
- (Referring to global topo) Left the road at 1880 for a gully shortcut to FR-385 at 2080.
- FR-385 is much more overgrown. Left the road at 2120 for another gully shortcut to SE ridge.
- The SE ridge road, overgrown at places, extends to further than the route on the topo map, very close to the summit.
- The benchmark is right on the pb point.
- On descent, I made a shortcut crossing the upstream of Laurel Branch before rejoining the road at 2920.
- I followed the road till 2440, then went west to reach the tip of a U-section of SR-633 via a dry gully.
- SR-633 is a good pavement road; but heavily posted either side, not good for ascent.
This page has been served 16 times since 2005-01-15.