Ascent of Peak 6582 on 2000-01-01
|Other People:||Solo Ascent|
|Date:||Saturday, January 1, 2000|
|Ascent Type:||Successful Summit Attained|
| Elevation:||6582 ft / 2006 m|
Ascent Trip ReportThis was my second attempt and first successful summit of Peak 6582.
Jerry Schad route - from Clark lake:
- across desert floor to Corp BM.
- Up ridge to right of Corp (there is a faint trail along the ridge)
- after a while, descend into dry stream to right.
- up stream, take a right into tributary below peak 3,489.
- ascend the Eastern ridge of 3489.
- go north to base of final climb.
- climb 3000 ft to SR ridge.
- walk East on ridge to summit marker.
this was done in 2 days - the first day started in the morning, and camped in the area between 3489 and the final climb.
This is different from Schad - he says to camp below 3489. Your choice.
One issue is the vegetation before the Eastern ridge of 3489. My route bypasses this by climbing SE to another tributary.
At 33.4277, -116.3260 (just about due South of 3489) there is a tributary to the South (opposite direction from the peak).
Climb South up this tributary to another dry stream.
This will put you above the original route, until the routes meet after the vegetation issue.
From there climb the ridge towards 3489.
|Summary Total Data|
This page has been served 49 times since 2005-01-15.