Ascent of Freezeland Flat on 2020-05-02
|Other People:||Solo Ascent|
Only Party on Mountain
|Date:||Saturday, May 2, 2020|
|Ascent Type:||Successful Summit Attained|
| Motorized Transport to Trailhead:||Car|
| Elevation:||4040 ft / 1231 m|
Ascent Trip Report- after Hardscrabble, left Shenandoah Mountain Trail (FS-447) at 3560 saddle, followed the ridge, encountering hand bushwhack to start with.
- found a faint and overgrown use trail with evidence of branch cuts, but lost it soon
- briar patch everywhere near 3920, had to use pruners to cut through.
- after a loose section, briar patch reaches its apex near the summit. There's an open meadow at south, but obviously not the high point, still having to use pruners to cut a path to the summit.
- first water on trail is 1000 ft beyond Jerrys Run (FS-441) junction.
- took Road Hollow Trail to get back the trailhead
- hike stats in my Hardscrabble TR.
|Summary Total Data|
| Trailhead:||Ramseys Draft TH -9999 ft / -3047 m|
| Quality:||8 (on a subjective 1-10 scale)|
| Route Conditions:||Maintained Trail, Open Country, Bushwhack|
| Gear Used:||Ski Poles|
| Weather:||Hot, Calm, Partly Cloudy|
|GPS Data for Ascent/Trip|
GPS Waypoints - Hover or click to see name and lat/long
Peaks: climbed and unclimbed by Powen Ru
Click Here for a Full Screen Map
Note: GPS Tracks may not be accurate, and may not show the best route. Do not follow this route blindly. Conditions change frequently. Use of a GPS unit in the outdoors, even with a pre-loaded track, is no substitute for experience and good judgment. Peakbagger.com accepts NO responsibility or liability from use of this data.
Download this GPS track as a GPX file
This page has been served 51 times since 2005-01-15.