Peakbagging Page for Andrew Sharp
Personal Climb Logs
The links below take you to dynamically generated lists of Andrew Sharp's peakbagging activity.
- Ascent List: List of Andrew Sharp's hikes, climbs, summits, and attempts.
- Peak List: List of distinct summits attained, with peak statistics. Includes a peak's "Personal Isolation".
- List of Lists: Peakbagging Lists that Andrew Sharp is pursuing, showing progress for each list by number and percent of peaks climbed.
- Trip Report Index: Same as the main climb list, but only showing climbs with trip reports and/or GPS Tracks.
- Unsuccessful Ascent List: A badge of honor for real climbers--lessons learned when turning back.
- Multiple Ascents List: A listing of all peaks climbed more than once.
- Progressive Peak List: Time-ordered progressive lists for eight different metrics.
- Peak Pairs, First Ascents, and Unique Peaks: Peaks and peak pairs that no other registered site users have climbed, plus first ascents.
- Master Peak Map: Interactive worldwide map showing all peaks climbed, color-coded by elevation or prominence.
Reports showing a climber's buddies and other climbers. Click for More Info
Lists personally created by Andrew Sharp. (Search for Lists from other climbers).
- No Custom Queries Entered Yet.
- Search for Lists: Search across all lists hosted on the site, both "main" lists and those created by all climbers.
- No Wish List created yet.
Time-Period Summary Reports
These reports show number of peaks climbed, highest point reached, and other statistics grouped by year or month.
US County High Point Links
Andrew Sharp has self-identified as interested in climbing to the high points of counties in the United States.
1979 - Odenton, MD / August 15, 2014 - American Fork Twins, UTAndrew Sharp tragically passed away on August 15, 2014 while climbing American Fork Twin Peaks in Utah. His account on this site will be preserved as a memorial to his passion for the high places. His obituary is posted below:
Andrew, loving husband, brother, son, uncle, nephew, brother-in-law friend. Married Marie Wong May 6, 2006 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Andrew is survived by his wife Marie Wong; sisters Sarah Powell (Jefferson) and Rosalie Holder (Brennen); brother David Sharp (Stephanie); parents John and Janet Sharp.
Andrew was born in Odenton, Maryland, but lived in several states and countries: Indiana, Ohio and Utah, Sudan, Egypt, and Tunisia.
Andrew was an electrical engineer with L3 and had varied interests ranging from drawing, woodworking, body building, and cooking, to guitar playing and skateboarding. Most recently he loved getting out into the beautiful Utah outdoors. He had a goal to hike to the high points of all 29 Utah counties. He lacked only six high points to achieve this goal. He died as a result of an accident while pursuing this objective.
He is praised by those who love him as an intelligent, funny, and loving friend who had great integrity.
Quick Top 10 Lists/Peaks