Peakbagging Page for Lucy Westlake
Personal Climb Logs
The links below take you to dynamically generated lists of Lucy Westlake's peakbagging activity.
- Ascent List: List of Lucy Westlake's hikes, climbs, summits, and attempts.
- Peak List: List of distinct summits attained, with peak statistics. Includes a peak's "Personal Isolation".
- List of Lists: Peakbagging Lists that Lucy Westlake is pursuing, showing progress for each list by number and percent of peaks climbed.
- Trip Report Index: Same as the main climb list, but only showing climbs with trip reports and/or GPS Tracks.
- Unsuccessful Ascent List: A badge of honor for real climbers--lessons learned when turning back.
- Multiple Ascents List: A listing of all peaks climbed more than once.
- Progressive Peak List: Time-ordered progressive lists for eight different metrics.
- Peak Pairs, First Ascents, and Unique Peaks: Peaks and peak pairs that no other registered site users have climbed, plus first ascents.
- Master Peak Map: Interactive worldwide map showing all peaks climbed, color-coded by elevation or prominence.
Reports showing a climber's buddies and other climbers. Click for More Info
Lists personally created by Lucy Westlake. (Search for Lists from other climbers).
- No Custom Queries Entered Yet.
- Search for Lists: Search across all lists hosted on the site, both "main" lists and those created by all climbers.
- No Wish List created yet.
Time-Period Summary Reports
These reports show number of peaks climbed, highest point reached, and other statistics grouped by year or month.
User Created Content
World record holder - Youngest female to climb the lower 48 state high points
Current age: 15
I began my high pointing quest at the age of seven when my family and I visited our home state’s high peak, Black Mountain of Kentucky. Standing at the top of Black Mountain, we began to wonder where other state high points were located. We spent the next four hours while driving home looking up and reading about state high points.
I have always loved to travel and explore new places. I lived in Queretaro, Mexico, for a year at the age of six. During that year, my mom, dad, and I climbed Mexico’s fourth highest peak, La Malinche, which instilled in me a love for mountain climbing. La Malinche was not my first big mountain climbing adventure. At the age of four, I summited Newfoundland’s second highest peak, Gros Morne.
Even though I lived in Louisville, Kentucky, from the age of 2-11 (5-6 in Mexico) and now live in Naperville, Illinois, I consider my true home to be Eagle Harbor, Michigan. I was born at home in a snowstorm on November 4, 2003, in Eagle Harbor, a rural community in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan on Lake Superior. I have spent every summer of my life in Eagle Harbor exploring the woods and climbing up Mt. Baldy, the local mountain of 1319 ft elevation.
My state high pointing quest began on the top of Black Mountain in April 2011. For the next five years, my family and I planned our trips around high points. It is an amazing way to travel and see our country. On July 22, 2016, my father and I summited Kings Peak (Utah), the last of our lower 48 high points and I set two world records: 1) the youngest female to climb the lower 48 US state highpoint and, 2) the youngest father-daughter team to accomplish this goal.
In May 2017, I attempted to climb my 50th state highpoint, Denali in Alaska, but unfortunately, 20 days into the expedition the weather was unsafe to make a summit attempt and my team and I had to descend without making it to the top. If I return to Denali and make it to the top before June 2022, I will set the world record as the youngest female to climb all 50 of the sate highpoints.
Quick Top 10 Lists/Peaks