Peakbagging Page for David Howells
Personal Climb Logs
The links below take you to dynamically generated lists of David Howells's peakbagging activity.
- Ascent List: List of David Howells's hikes, climbs, summits, and attempts.
- Peak List: List of distinct summits attained, with peak statistics. Includes a peak's "Personal Isolation".
- List of Lists: Peakbagging Lists that David Howells is pursuing, showing progress for each list by number and percent of peaks climbed.
- Trip Report Index: Same as the main climb list, but only showing climbs with trip reports and/or GPS Tracks.
- Unsuccessful Ascent List: A badge of honor for real climbers--lessons learned when turning back.
- Multiple Ascents List: A listing of all peaks climbed more than once.
- Progressive Peak List: Time-ordered progressive lists for eight different metrics.
- Peak Pairs, First Ascents, and Unique Peaks: Peaks and peak pairs that no other registered site users have climbed, plus first ascents.
- Master Peak Map: Interactive worldwide map showing all peaks climbed, color-coded by elevation or prominence.
Reports showing a climber's buddies and other climbers. Click for More Info
Lists personally created by David Howells. (Search for Lists from other climbers).
- Personal Lists: Shows all lists created by David Howells. Includes Query Lists created using the Query Tool, and "Pick-and-Choose" Lists created by selecting individual peaks.
- Search for Lists: Search across all lists hosted on the site, both "main" lists and those created by all climbers.
- No Wish List created yet.
Time-Period Summary Reports
These reports show number of peaks climbed, highest point reached, and other statistics grouped by year or month.
User Created Content
An ex Falklands, Rhodesia veteran, police firearms officer, sniper, karate 1st dan, teacher, runner, canoeist, kayaker, hiker, climber, triathlete and avid traveller.
I have been retired since 2010. Since that time I have been a freelance outdoor professional. I have dedicated my free time to travel and mountain trips. The purpose of this blog is to link it to my travels and my goal lists which are quite extensive. In the main my goals are as follows;
My Celtic Quest is to hike around Wales, to hike it North to South, East to West, to cycle the same, to hike all of its Nuttalls. Marilyns and Hewitts To finish off I intend to sea kayak around Wales and visit all of its islands.
To hike all of the English, Nuttalls, Marilyns, Wainwrights and Hewitts.
To hike all off the Scottish Munros, Corbetts, Marilyns and Grahams.
To hike or climb 101 highest peaks in 101 countries.
To hike or climb 101 4,000m peaks.
To visit as many of the world's 193 UN designated sovereign states as possible.
To visit as many of the 1281 regions in the world as per the TBT (The Best Travelled) website.
To visit as many of the 1073 world heritage site as possible as per the UNESCO website.
Well there you are. I am going to be busy!
Find me here:
Quick Top 10 Lists/Peaks