Peakbagging Page for Austin D. Smith
Personal Climb Logs
The links below take you to dynamically generated lists of Austin D. Smith's peakbagging activity.
- Ascent List: List of Austin D. Smith's hikes, climbs, summits, and attempts.
- Peak List: List of distinct summits attained, with peak statistics. Includes a peak's "Personal Isolation".
- List of Lists: Peakbagging Lists that Austin D. Smith is pursuing, showing progress for each list by number and percent of peaks climbed.
- Trip Report Index: Same as the main climb list, but only showing climbs with trip reports and/or GPS Tracks.
- Unsuccessful Ascent List: A badge of honor for real climbers--lessons learned when turning back.
- Multiple Ascents List: A listing of all peaks climbed more than once.
- Progressive Peak List: Time-ordered progressive lists for eight different metrics.
- Peak Pairs, First Ascents, and Unique Peaks: Peaks and peak pairs that no other registered site users have climbed, plus first ascents.
- Master Peak Map: Interactive worldwide map showing all peaks climbed, color-coded by elevation or prominence.
Reports showing a climber's buddies and other climbers. Click for More Info
Lists personally created by Austin D. Smith. (Search for Lists from other climbers).
- No Custom Queries Entered Yet.
- Search for Lists: Search across all lists hosted on the site, both "main" lists and those created by all climbers.
- No Wish List created yet.
Time-Period Summary Reports
These reports show number of peaks climbed, highest point reached, and other statistics grouped by year or month.
User Created Content
US County High Point Links
Austin D. Smith has self-identified as interested in climbing to the high points of counties in the United States.
I turned 22 years old in November 2019. I am an avid peakbagger, rock climber, mountaineer, and downhill skier. I'm always looking for a new rock to climb, peak to summit, or an epic powder day at Mt. Hood Meadows! I was introduced to my love for the mountains on Mount Saint Helens in 60-70mph winds at the age of 12 (2010). A couple weeks later, I set a goal of becoming the youngest person to climb the 20 Primary Cascade Volcanoes. On September 20, 2015, I finished my goal on the summit of Broken Top at the age of 17 years, 298 days! Since then, I have set a goal to climb the 57 Ultra Prominence Peaks in the Lower 48.
My hardest 3 climbs to date have been:
1. Gannett Peak - Elev. 13,804 Prom. 7,076: Technical snow and glacial travel. Mind-numbingly long death march. 14,207 feet of elevation gain, 51 miles round trip, 5 days on climb. Brutality.
2. Mount Jefferson - Elev. 10,497 Prom. 5,229: Early season ascent presented difficult and frightening technical snow and rock climbing. 6,797 feet elevation gain, 20 miles round trip. 2 1/2 days on climb.
3. Mount Rainier - Elev. 14,411 Prom. 13,210: Technical snow and glacial travel with difficult crevasse crossings. 9,011 feet elevation gain, 16 miles round trip. 3 days on climb.
Grand Teton - Elev. 13,770 Prom. 6,530: Our scary near death experience during the summer of 2017.
Click on the links to above to see a full trip report for each climb!
You can see a list of all the peaks I have climbed along with many detailed trip reports in My Ascent List! Some may notice I have added a number of peaks to the database which I have not yet climbed. I find it frustrating when people add peaks without climbing them and with no prominence values reported. Because of this, I have added peaks I intend to climb with detailed trip reports.
If you find any errors in my prominence calculations or trip reports, please contact me and let me know and I will get them fixed right away!
Quick Top 10 Lists/Peaks