Peakbagging Page for Derek Loranger
Personal Climb Logs
The links below take you to dynamically generated lists of Derek Loranger's peakbagging activity.
- Ascent List: List of Derek Loranger's hikes, climbs, summits, and attempts.
- Peak List: List of distinct summits attained, with peak statistics. Includes a peak's "Personal Isolation".
- List of Lists: Peakbagging Lists that Derek Loranger is pursuing, showing progress for each list by number and percent of peaks climbed.
- Trip Report Index: Same as the main climb list, but only showing climbs with trip reports and/or GPS Tracks.
- Unsuccessful Ascent List: A badge of honor for real climbers--lessons learned when turning back.
- Multiple Ascents List: A listing of all peaks climbed more than once.
- Progressive Peak List: Time-ordered progressive lists for eight different metrics.
- Peak Pairs, First Ascents, and Unique Peaks: Peaks and peak pairs that no other registered site users have climbed, plus first ascents.
- Master Peak Map: Interactive worldwide map showing all peaks climbed, color-coded by elevation or prominence.
Reports showing a climber's buddies and other climbers. Click for More Info
Lists personally created by Derek Loranger. (Search for Lists from other climbers).
- Personal Lists: Shows all lists created by Derek Loranger. Includes Query Lists created using the Query Tool, and "Pick-and-Choose" Lists created by selecting individual peaks.
- Search for Lists: Search across all lists hosted on the site, both "main" lists and those created by all climbers.
- Wish List: A list of unclimbed peaks that are high-priority and/or have immediate climbing plans.
Time-Period Summary Reports
These reports show number of peaks climbed, highest point reached, and other statistics grouped by year or month.
User Created Content
US County High Point Links
Derek Loranger has self-identified as interested in climbing to the high points of counties in the United States.
I was born and raised in Southern California. During my youth, I was lucky enough to have had an organized and motivated scoutmaster. We went on many camping trips throughout the years, including what we called “Sierra Trips,” which were strenuous multi-day trips in the Sierra Nevada. Because of him, I developed a lifelong passion for the outdoors.
By age 15, I had:
• Camped in the desert, beach, and on Catalina Island
• Canoed 50 miles along the Colorado River
• Climbed Mount Whitney at the end of a 9-day hike from Cedar Grove (age 12)
• Hiked for 7 days cross-country through the Sierras
• Snow-camped on San Jacinto
I moved to San Diego in 2000 and fell in love with it. I moved to Santa Barbara County in 2011 and hiked there. I then moved back to San Diego and opened Burger Bench, an Escondido Restaurant. I try to get out as much as possible.
I am also an avid photographer and traveler.
You can visit my site and read trip reports with photos and video at 100 Peaks.
Quick Top 10 Lists/Peaks