Triple Crown CoHPs - Multiple Ascents Grid
Showing all of Sara Raved's ascent dates (max 10 rounds) (Overall: 6 out of 10, or 60%)
|Rank||Peak|| Elev-Ft || Prom-Ft ||Total||Round 1|
|1.||Mount Rainier||14,411||13,246||1|| 2017-08-25 o |
|2.||Mount Shasta||14,162||9762||1|| 2017-12-31 |
|3.||Gannett Peak||13,804||7076|| || |
|4.||Grand Teton||13,770||6530|| || |
|5.||Mount Hood||11,239||7706||1|| 2018-01-14 |
|6.||Mount Baker||10,781||8812||1|| 2017-08-25 r |
|7.||Glacier Peak||10,520||7498||1|| 2017-08-25 s |
|8.||Mount Jefferson||10,497||5777|| || |
|9.||Mount Cleveland||10,466||5226|| || |
|10.||Mount Olympus||7969||7838||1|| 2018-06-17 |
Main Peak List: Click here to see the standard peak listing, showning more informational columns and just the first ascent date.
Front Runners List: Click here to see list completion progress by climbers that log their climbs using Peakbagger.com.
Compare Climbers: Click here to compare ascents of up to 5 climbers working on this list.
About the Multiple Ascent Grid:
- This table grid shows all peaks on a given list, and all ascents done by Sara Raved, up to 10 ascents per peak.
- While many peakbaggers do not like to repeat ascents, some will try to do multiple "laps" or "rounds" of a favorite list, often one close to home.
- The header for each ascent column shows, in parentheses, the total number of peaks climbed in each "round", and clicking the header link will sort your ascents for that round.
- Due to space limitations, this listing has just the basic peak info, so up to ten date columns can be shown. Please use the main peak list (linked above) for more basic info and functionality.
- Some climbers will log two ascents of the same peak on the same day--for example, when doing an out-and-back ridge run with other ascents sandwiched between two of the same peak. Some might not consider these to be two separate ascents for the purposes of doing multiple rounds. Clicking on the "Count a peak only once per day" link in the header will collapse multiple ascents of a peak on a single day into just one ascent for this grid list.
This list of ten peaks shows all the county high points in the 48 contiguous United States that meet these three criteria:
- They have over 5000 feet of topographic prominence ("Ultras")
- An ascent requires over 5000 feet of elevation gain from a passenger-car passable road
- They are on the Apex List of the twenty toughtest County high points
Every peak on this list, therefore, is exceptionally prominent, physically demanding, and technically difficult. They represent the "cream of the cream" of U.S. county high points outside Alaska. Note that since the list is limited to county high point peaks, that could be considered a fourth criterion and therefore the list is kind of a "quadruple crown".
Note that to qualify as a list completer, you must actually climb over 5000 feet to reach the summit of these peaks. Normally that is not an issue, since by definition the highest trailheads require that gain. An exception is Mount Hood, where many climbers use a charilift or snow-cat to get a higher start, and doing that means you can not technically claim completion of this list. Same thing goes for using a snowmobile to get high on Mount Baker. The other 8 peaks are ringed by wilderness where regulations prohibit any motorized transport.
Links Map of Triple Crown Counties and Criteria
Map Showing Location of Peaks
= Peaks climbed by Sara Raved = Unclimbed peaksClick on a peak to see its name and a clickable link.
(Map only shows peaks ranked by clean prominence)
This page has been served 1228750 times since 2004-11-01.