Mountaineers Tahoma Peaks - Multiple Ascents Grid
All 8 Groups Together
Showing all of Mario Broodbakker's ascent dates (max 10 rounds) (Overall: 5 out of 32, or 15.62%)
Main Peak List: Click here to see the standard peak listing, showning more informational columns and just the first ascent date.
Front Runners List: Click here to see list completion progress by climbers that log their climbs using Peakbagger.com.
Compare Climbers: Click here to compare ascents of up to 5 climbers working on this list.
About the Multiple Ascent Grid:
- This table grid shows all peaks on a given list, and all ascents done by Mario Broodbakker, up to 10 ascents per peak.
- While many peakbaggers do not like to repeat ascents, some will try to do multiple "laps" or "rounds" of a favorite list, often one close to home.
- The header for each ascent column shows, in parentheses, the total number of peaks climbed in each "round", and clicking the header link will sort your ascents for that round.
- Due to space limitations, this listing has just the basic peak info, so up to ten date columns can be shown. Please use the main peak list (linked above) for more basic info and functionality.
- Some climbers will log two ascents of the same peak on the same day--for example, when doing an out-and-back ridge run with other ascents sandwiched between two of the same peak. Some might not consider these to be two separate ascents for the purposes of doing multiple rounds. Clicking on the "Count a peak only once per day" link in the header will collapse multiple ascents of a peak on a single day into just one ascent for this grid list.
Earning the Mountaineers Tahoma Peak Pins is somewhat complex. The 32 peaks are divided into 8 groups of 4 each, and to earn the First Pin you must climb at least 3 peaks in any 4 groups, and for the Second Pin you must climb 3 peaks in all 8 groups. So 12 of these peaks are required for the first pin, and 24 for the second. Consult the Mountaineers for which peaks are in which groups.
All these summits are in the southern foothills of Mount Rainier. The Irish Cabin Peaks List focuses on the foothills in the northern side of "The Mountain". Many of the Tahoma peaks are in the Tatoosh Range, a distinct crescent of low but rugged peaks lying due south of Mount Rainier. Completing this list in any form is not the for the causal hiker, but the ascents are generally not serious mountaineering challenges, either. Most of the peaks here are nice alpine scrambles.
Map Showing Location of Peaks
= Peaks climbed by Mario Broodbakker = Unclimbed peaksClick on a peak to see its name and a clickable link.
(Map only shows peaks ranked by clean prominence)
This page has been served 684388 times since 2004-11-01.