Alaska Peaks with 5000 feet of Prominence - Multiple Ascents Grid
|Rank||Peak|| Elev-Ft || Prom-Ft ||Total||Round 1|
|1.||Denali||20,310||20,146|| || |
|2.||Mount Fairweather||15,325||12,963|| || |
|3.||Mount Blackburn||16,390||11,590|| || |
|4.||Mount Hayes||13,832||11,482|| || |
|5.||Mount Saint Elias||18,008||11,184|| || |
|6.||Mount Marcus Baker||13,176||10,726|| || |
|7.||Shishaldin Volcano||9414||9414|| || |
|8.||Redoubt Volcano||10,197||9097|| || |
|9.||Mount Torbert||11,413||8663|| || |
|10.||Mount Veniaminof||8225||8175|| || |
|11.||Pavlof Volcano||8200||8150|| || |
|12.||Mount Hubbard||14,950||7995|| || |
|13.||Mount Isto||8976||7876|| || |
|14.||Iliamna Volcano||10,016||7816|| || |
|15.||Mount Cook||13,760||7660|| || |
|16.||Mount Sanford||16,237||7637|| || |
|17.||Mount Tom White||11,191||7591|| || |
|18.||Mount Kimball||10,300||7350|| || |
|19.||Mount Griggs||7600||7200|| || |
|19.||Mount Foraker||17,400||7200|| || |
|21.||Mount Crillon||12,726||7126|| || |
|22.||Mount Vsevidof||7051||7051|| || |
|23.||Mount Hesperus||9828||6928|| || |
|24.||Mount Bona||16,500||6800|| || |
|25.||Mount Drum||12,010||6710|| || |
|26.||Mount Chiginagak||6900||6600|| || |
|27.||Mount Neacola||9426||6326|| || |
|28.||Kichatna Spire||8985||6185|| || |
|29.||Peak 8084||8084||6184|| || |
|30.||Pogromni Volcano||6531||6181|| || |
|31.||Peak 8010||8010||6110|| || |
|32.||Mount Douglas||7000||6100|| || |
|33.||Mount Igikpak||8276||6076|| || |
|34.||Snow Tower||6572||6072|| || |
|35.||Truuli Peak||6612||6012|| || |
|36.||Makushin Volcano||5940||5940|| || |
|37.||Mount Natazhat||13,435||5935|| || |
|38.||Tanaga Volcano||5925||5925|| || |
|39.||Hanagita Peak||8504||5904|| || |
|40.||Sovereign Mountain||8849||5849|| || |
|41.||Isthmus Peak||6532||5810|| || |
|42.||Isanotski Peaks||8106||5806|| || |
|43.||Frosty Peak||5803||5743|| || |
|44.||Great Sitkin Volcano||5710||5710|| || |
|45.||Mount Cleveland||5675||5675|| || |
|46.||Mount Wrangell||14,163||5563|| || |
|47.||Devils Paw||8507||5554|| || |
|48.||Mount Seattle||10,350||5494|| || |
|49.||Mount Russell||11,670||5470|| || |
|50.||Baranof Island High Point||5390||5390|| || |
|51.||Granite Range High Point||8517||5317|| || |
|52.||Mount Steller||10,515||5315|| || |
|53.||Mount Foresta||11,000||5300|| || |
|54.||Carlisle Island High Point||5283||5283|| || |
|55.||Bashful Peak||8005||5275|| || |
|56.||Tetlin Peak||8365||5215|| || |
|57.||Mount Miller||10,700||5200|| || |
|58.||Mount Gareloi||5160||5160|| || |
|59.||Mount Deborah||12,339||5139|| || |
|60.||Peak 8336||8336||5136|| || |
|61.||Peak 8488||8488||5088|| || |
|62.||Korovin Volcano||5030||5030|| || |
|63.||Peak 6915||6915||5015|| || |
|63.||Mount Augusta||14,070||5015|| || |
| ||Mount Bear||14,831||4988|| || |
Main Peak List: Click here to see the standard peak listing, showning more informational columns and just the first ascent date.
Front Runners List: Click here to see list completion progress by climbers that log their climbs using Peakbagger.com.
Compare Climbers: Click here to compare ascents of up to 5 climbers working on this list.
About the Multiple Ascent Grid:
- This table grid shows all peaks on a given list, and all ascents done by Roger Phillips, up to 10 ascents per peak.
- While many peakbaggers do not like to repeat ascents, some will try to do multiple "laps" or "rounds" of a favorite list, often one close to home.
- The header for each ascent column shows, in parentheses, the total number of peaks climbed in each "round", and clicking the header link will sort your ascents for that round.
- Due to space limitations, this listing has just the basic peak info, so up to ten date columns can be shown. Please use the main peak list (linked above) for more basic info and functionality.
- Some climbers will log two ascents of the same peak on the same day--for example, when doing an out-and-back ridge run with other ascents sandwiched between two of the same peak. Some might not consider these to be two separate ascents for the purposes of doing multiple rounds. Clicking on the "Count a peak only once per day" link in the header will collapse multiple ascents of a peak on a single day into just one ascent for this grid list.
This list, which is probably 95% complete or more, lists 64 peaks with 5000 feet of clean prominence in Alaska. The entire rest of the U.S.A. has 62 peaks above this threshold (5 in Hawaii, 57 in the 48 states). This statement alone is testament to the embarassment of mountain riches in Alaska.
Note that the unranked peaks on this list have less than 5000 feet of clean prominece, but they do have 5000 feet or more of optimistic prominence. These unranked peaks are "error range" summits, and some of them may have a very good chance of being over the cutoff. Some climbers elect to ascend these unranked peaks for the sake of completeness.
Like the list of Alaska Borough/Census Area high points, this is a list that no one has completed or even seriously started and is a strong contender for the toughest list on this site. Some of these peaks might not have even been climbed at all yet. Particularly hard would be getting to the Aleutian Range and Islands for some of these summits, but there are certainly many other issues (such a high probablity of death while doing so many serious climbs) that would have to be surmounted to make inroads here.
- Book County High Points by Andy Martin; list compiled 1999 by Ron Tagliapietra and Andy Martin.
- Adam Helman's update and refinement of that list, located at the web link below.
- I made some minor adjustments and added peak lat-longs and other information for those peaks not already in my database, plus added key col lat-longs.
Links Alaska 5000-foot Prominence Peaks - Adam Helman
Selected Guidebook(s) for this List Alaska: A Climbing Guide (Wood, Coombs)
Caution: These books feature many of the peaks on this list, but may not have information on all of them.
Map Showing Location of Peaks
= Peaks climbed by Roger Phillips = Unclimbed peaksClick on a peak to see its name and a clickable link.
(Map only shows peaks ranked by clean prominence)
This page has been served 681299 times since 2004-11-01.