North Carolina 5000-foot Peaks - Multiple Ascents Grid
Ranked Peaks have 160 feet of Clean Prominence
Showing all of Connor McEntee's ascent dates (max 10 rounds) (Overall: 2 out of 185, or 1.08%)
Main Peak List: Click here to see the standard peak listing, showning more informational columns and just the first ascent date.
Front Runners List: Click here to see list completion progress by climbers that log their climbs using Peakbagger.com.
Compare Climbers: Click here to compare ascents of up to 5 climbers working on this list.
About the Multiple Ascent Grid:
- This table grid shows all peaks on a given list, and all ascents done by Connor McEntee, up to 10 ascents per peak.
- While many peakbaggers do not like to repeat ascents, some will try to do multiple "laps" or "rounds" of a favorite list, often one close to home.
- The header for each ascent column shows, in parentheses, the total number of peaks climbed in each "round", and clicking the header link will sort your ascents for that round.
- Due to space limitations, this listing has just the basic peak info, so up to ten date columns can be shown. Please use the main peak list (linked above) for more basic info and functionality.
- Some climbers will log two ascents of the same peak on the same day--for example, when doing an out-and-back ridge run with other ascents sandwiched between two of the same peak. Some might not consider these to be two separate ascents for the purposes of doing multiple rounds. Clicking on the "Count a peak only once per day" link in the header will collapse multiple ascents of a peak on a single day into just one ascent for this grid list.
The "Southern Sixers" or "South beyond 6000" peaks are well-known and get a great deal of attention, but the enormous amount of peaks in North Carolina over 5000 feet are not as well documented or attempted.
Much of the groundwork for this list was done by Ivan Ash, who contributed large PDF files of all southeastern USA peaks over 4000 feet to the now-defunct "America's Roof" site.
Tom Pomeroy was instrumental in getting this long-dormant list cleaned up and published, and he helped with countless corrections and updates to the work done by Ivan and myself.
Map Showing Location of Peaks
= Peaks climbed by Connor McEntee = Unclimbed peaksClick on a peak to see its name and a clickable link.
(Map only shows peaks ranked by clean prominence)
This page has been served 1085625 times since 2004-11-01.