New Jersey 1000-foot Peaks - Multiple Ascents Grid
Ranked Peaks have 180 feet of Clean Prominence
Main Peak List: Click here to see the standard peak listing, showning more informational columns and just the first ascent date.
Front Runners List: Click here to see list completion progress by climbers that log their climbs using Peakbagger.com.
Compare Climbers: Click here to compare ascents of up to 5 climbers working on this list.
About the Multiple Ascent Grid:
- This table grid shows all peaks on a given list, and all ascents done by Ashley Garnett, up to 10 ascents per peak.
- While many peakbaggers do not like to repeat ascents, some will try to do multiple "laps" or "rounds" of a favorite list, often one close to home.
- The header for each ascent column shows, in parentheses, the total number of peaks climbed in each "round", and clicking the header link will sort your ascents for that round.
- Due to space limitations, this listing has just the basic peak info, so up to ten date columns can be shown. Please use the main peak list (linked above) for more basic info and functionality.
- Some climbers will log two ascents of the same peak on the same day--for example, when doing an out-and-back ridge run with other ascents sandwiched between two of the same peak. Some might not consider these to be two separate ascents for the purposes of doing multiple rounds. Clicking on the "Count a peak only once per day" link in the header will collapse multiple ascents of a peak on a single day into just one ascent for this grid list.
This list is still a work in progress and has not been checked. Many peaks do not yet have a prominence value, but it is likely that most of those do have over 160 feet of clean prominence. Overall, it many people may be surprised at the number and variety of peaks in the Garden State.
Thanks to Eric Koppel of the "New Jersey 1K Club" web site, who provided me with many of these peaks. Also, thanks to Aaron Maizlish of Peaklist.org, who did some preliminary research on the most prominent peaks in New Jersey.
Links New Jersey 1K Club
Selected Guidebook(s) for this List New Jersey Walk Book (Chazin, Fagan)
Caution: These books feature many of the peaks on this list, but may not have information on all of them.
Map Showing Location of Peaks
= Peaks climbed by Ashley Garnett = Unclimbed peaksClick on a peak to see its name and a clickable link.
(Map only shows peaks ranked by clean prominence)
This page has been served 790425 times since 2004-11-01.