California County High Points - Multiple Ascents Grid
Showing all of Sara Raved's ascent dates (max 10 rounds) (Overall: 4 out of 58, or 6.9%)
|Rank||Geography||Peak|| Elev-Ft || Prom-Ft ||Total||Round 1|
|1.||Inyo||Mount Whitney||14,498||10,078||1|| 2017-11-25 |
|1.||Tulare||Mount Whitney||14,498||10,078||1|| 2017-11-25 |
|3.||Mono||White Mountain Peak||14,246||7196|| || |
|4.||Fresno||North Palisade||14,242||2894|| || |
|5.||Siskiyou||Mount Shasta||14,162||9762||1|| 2017-12-31 |
|6.||Madera||Mount Ritter||13,143||3957|| || |
|7.||Tuolumne||Mount Lyell||13,114||1894|| || |
|8.||Mariposa||Parsons Peak-Northwest Ridge||12,040||0|| || |
|9.||San Bernardino||San Gorgonio Mountain||11,499||8294|| || |
|10.||Alpine||Sonora Peak||11,459||1816|| || |
|11.||El Dorado||Freel Peak||10,881||3146|| || |
|12.||Riverside||San Jacinto Peak||10,839||8319|| || |
|13.||Shasta||Lassen Peak||10,457||5229|| || |
|14.||Los Angeles||Mount San Antonio||10,064||6224|| || |
|15.||Modoc||Eagle Peak||9892||4352|| || |
|16.||Amador||Thunder Mountain||9410||330|| || |
|17.||Tehama||Brokeoff Mountain||9235||915||1|| 2018-02-19 |
|18.||Nevada||Mount Lola||9148||2068|| || |
|19.||Placer||Mount Baldy-West Ridge||9040||5|| || |
|20.||Trinity||Mount Eddy||9025||5105|| || |
|21.||Sierra||Mount Lola-North Ridge Peak||8844||4|| || |
|22.||Ventura||Mount Pinos||8831||4800|| || |
|23.||Kern||Sawmill Mountain||8818||418|| || |
|24.||Lassen||Hat Mountain||8745||1185|| || |
|25.||Plumas||Mount Ingalls||8372||2792|| || |
|26.||Calaveras||Corral Hollow Hill||8170||210|| || |
|27.||Glenn||Black Butte||7448||2436|| || |
|28.||Butte||Butte County High Point||7120||0|| || |
|29.||Colusa||Snow Mountain||7056||2496|| || |
|29.||Lake||Snow Mountain||7056||2496|| || |
|31.||Humboldt||Salmon Mountain||6956||2006|| || |
|32.||Mendocino||Anthony Peak||6954||1514|| || |
|33.||Santa Barbara||Big Pine Mountain||6800||2160|| || |
|34.||San Diego||Hot Springs Mountain||6533||2613|| || |
|35.||Del Norte||Bear Mountain-Del Norte CoHP||6400||0|| || |
|36.||Monterey||Junipero Serra Peak||5862||4447|| || |
|37.||Orange||Santiago Peak||5687||4387|| || |
|38.||San Benito||San Benito Mountain||5241||3481|| || |
|39.||San Luis Obispo||Caliente Mountain||5106||2206|| || |
|40.||Yuba||Yuba County High Point||4825||0|| || |
|41.||Imperial||Blue Angels Peak||4548||53|| || |
|42.||Sonoma||Cobb Mountain-Southwest Peak||4480||80|| || |
|43.||Santa Clara||Copernicus Peak||4360||3080|| || |
|44.||Napa||Mount Saint Helena-East Peak||4200||40|| || |
|45.||Contra Costa||Mount Diablo||3849||3109|| || |
|46.||Alameda||Discovery Peak||3846||1086|| || |
|47.||Stanislaus||Mount Stakes||3804||1404|| || |
|48.||Merced||Laveaga Peak||3801||1853|| || |
|49.||San Joaquin||Boardman North||3626||226|| || |
|50.||Kings||Table Mountain||3473||335|| || |
|51.||Santa Cruz||Mount Bielawski||3231||1671|| || |
|52.||Yolo||Little Blue Ridge||3120||680|| || |
|53.||Solano||Mount Vaca||2819||1959|| || |
|54.||San Mateo||Long Ridge||2600||120|| || |
|55.||Marin||Mount Tamalpais-West Peak||2576||2456|| || |
|56.||Sutter||South Butte||2120||2050|| || |
|57.||San Francisco||Mount Davidson||925||628|| || |
|58.||Sacramento||Carpenter Benchmark||828||168|| || |
Main Peak List: Click here to see the standard peak listing, showning more informational columns and just the first ascent date.
Front Runners List: Click here to see list completion progress by climbers that log their climbs using Peakbagger.com.
Compare Climbers: Click here to compare ascents of up to 5 climbers working on this list.
About the Multiple Ascent Grid:
- This table grid shows all peaks on a given list, and all ascents done by Sara Raved, up to 10 ascents per peak.
- While many peakbaggers do not like to repeat ascents, some will try to do multiple "laps" or "rounds" of a favorite list, often one close to home.
- The header for each ascent column shows, in parentheses, the total number of peaks climbed in each "round", and clicking the header link will sort your ascents for that round.
- Due to space limitations, this listing has just the basic peak info, so up to ten date columns can be shown. Please use the main peak list (linked above) for more basic info and functionality.
- Some climbers will log two ascents of the same peak on the same day--for example, when doing an out-and-back ridge run with other ascents sandwiched between two of the same peak. Some might not consider these to be two separate ascents for the purposes of doing multiple rounds. Clicking on the "Count a peak only once per day" link in the header will collapse multiple ascents of a peak on a single day into just one ascent for this grid list.
There are 58 counties in California, and their high points reflect the tremendous variety of the Golden State. The top of the list is dominated by the high peaks in the Sierra Nevada, plus the two 14,000-foot non-Sierra peaks in the state, Shasta and White Montain Peak. From the deserts a few miles from the Mexcian border, to deeply forested coastal hills in the state's northwest corner, to lonely and remote summits along the central coast, to the urban parks of the Bay Area, there is something for almost anyone on this list.
North Palisade, by consensus, is the most difficult climb technically on this list as a class 4 scramble. However, a number of lower peaks are on private land where you need to arrange for access.
- By 1990 I had determined several of these high points by personal research.
- Book County High Points by Andy Martin; list compiled by Dinesh Desai, with generous help from Joy Desai, Bill Hauser, John Sarna, and Gary Suttle.
- Book California County Summits by Garry Suttle (see link below).
- In September, 2008, Jerry Brekhus of Montana determined the new Placer County high point, long thought to be Granite Chief Mountain.
Links California County High Points
Selected Guidebook(s) for this List California County Summits (Suttle)
Caution: These books feature many of the peaks on this list, but may not have information on all of them.
Map Showing Location of Peaks
= Peaks climbed by Sara Raved = Unclimbed peaksClick on a peak to see its name and a clickable link.
(Map only shows peaks ranked by clean prominence)
This page has been served 1179230 times since 2004-11-01.