Hawaii County High Points - Multiple Ascents Grid
Main Peak List: Click here to see the standard peak listing, showning more informational columns and just the first ascent date.
Front Runners List: Click here to see list completion progress by climbers that log their climbs using Peakbagger.com.
Compare Climbers: Click here to compare ascents of up to 5 climbers working on this list.
About the Multiple Ascent Grid:
- This table grid shows all peaks on a given list, and all ascents done by Abby Goat, up to 10 ascents per peak.
- While many peakbaggers do not like to repeat ascents, some will try to do multiple "laps" or "rounds" of a favorite list, often one close to home.
- The header for each ascent column shows, in parentheses, the total number of peaks climbed in each "round", and clicking the header link will sort your ascents for that round.
- Due to space limitations, this listing has just the basic peak info, so up to ten date columns can be shown. Please use the main peak list (linked above) for more basic info and functionality.
- Some climbers will log two ascents of the same peak on the same day--for example, when doing an out-and-back ridge run with other ascents sandwiched between two of the same peak. Some might not consider these to be two separate ascents for the purposes of doing multiple rounds. Clicking on the "Count a peak only once per day" link in the header will collapse multiple ascents of a peak on a single day into just one ascent for this grid list.
Hawaii has only five counties, and the two tallest highpoints have roads right to the top. However, this list is very difficult to complete, since the trip to Kawaikini is an extremely rugged 20+ mile hike to one of the rainest (and muddiest) spots on earth. The Oahu island high point is a relatively easy (but steep) hike, while the Kalawao high point offers difficult road access and more jungle trekking.
This list was first completed in February, 2006 by four intrepid county highpointers who pioneered the arduous trek in to Kawaikini.
Mauna Kea and Haleakala rank #2 and #18 among all island high points in the world. See the complete World Island High Point list.
- Personal research determined the four island high points on this list by 1988.
- Book County High Points by Andy Martin; list compiled by Andy Martin, reviewed by Fred Lobdell and David Olson.
Links Hawaii County High Points
Map Showing Location of Peaks
= Peaks climbed by Abby Goat = Unclimbed peaksClick on a peak to see its name and a clickable link.
(Map only shows peaks ranked by clean prominence)
This page has been served 1298983 times since 2004-11-01.