World Country High Points - Multiple Ascents Grid
Main Peak List: Click here to see the standard peak listing, showning more informational columns and just the first ascent date.
Front Runners List: Click here to see list completion progress by climbers that log their climbs using Peakbagger.com.
Compare Climbers: Click here to compare ascents of up to 5 climbers working on this list.
About the Multiple Ascent Grid:
- This table grid shows all peaks on a given list, and all ascents done by Paul Rago, up to 10 ascents per peak.
- While many peakbaggers do not like to repeat ascents, some will try to do multiple "laps" or "rounds" of a favorite list, often one close to home.
- The header for each ascent column shows, in parentheses, the total number of peaks climbed in each "round", and clicking the header link will sort your ascents for that round.
- Due to space limitations, this listing has just the basic peak info, so up to ten date columns can be shown. Please use the main peak list (linked above) for more basic info and functionality.
- Some climbers will log two ascents of the same peak on the same day--for example, when doing an out-and-back ridge run with other ascents sandwiched between two of the same peak. Some might not consider these to be two separate ascents for the purposes of doing multiple rounds. Clicking on the "Count a peak only once per day" link in the header will collapse multiple ascents of a peak on a single day into just one ascent for this grid list.
The list of country high points is one of the most fundamental highpoint lists that can be generated. However, there are two main difficulties with coming up with a master list of the world's nation summits. The first is defining a consistent, reliable list of countries--on this web site, an attempt was made to do just that (Click here for a detailled explanation of how the list of 254 countries was generated). The second issue is that many countries are very low-lying and have no discernable mountains or hills at all. This is a particular problem for many countries made up of coral atolls.
This list represents my best attempt to come up with a comprehensive list of 254 country high points. I am sure that there are many errors and that the list will evolve with time.
Map Showing Location of Peaks
= Peaks climbed by Paul Rago = Unclimbed peaksClick on a peak to see its name and a clickable link.
(Map only shows peaks ranked by clean prominence)
This page has been served 1768605 times since 2004-11-01.