Peakbagging Page for Scott Parkins
Personal Climb Logs
The links below take you to dynamically generated lists of Scott Parkins's peakbagging activity.
- Ascent List: List of Scott Parkins's hikes, climbs, summits, and attempts.
- Peak List: List of distinct summits attained, with peak statistics. Includes a peak's "Personal Isolation".
- List of Lists: Peakbagging Lists that Scott Parkins is pursuing, showing progress for each list by number and percent of peaks climbed.
- Trip Report Index: Same as the main climb list, but only showing climbs with trip reports and/or GPS Tracks.
- Unsuccessful Ascent List: A badge of honor for real climbers--lessons learned when turning back.
- Multiple Ascents List: A listing of all peaks climbed more than once.
- Master Peak Map: Interactive worldwide map showing all peaks climbed, color-coded by elevation or prominence.
Reports showing a climber's buddies and other climbers. Click for More Info
Lists personally created by Scott Parkins.
- Personal Lists: Shows all lists created by Scott Parkins. Includes Query Lists created using the Query Tool, and "Pick-and-Choose" Lists created by selecting individual peaks.
- Wish List: A list of unclimbed peaks that are high-priority and/or have immediate climbing plans.
Time-Period Summary Reports
These reports show number of peaks climbed, highest point reached, and other statistics grouped by year or month.
US County High Point Links
Scott Parkins has self-identified as interested in climbing to the high points of counties in the United States.
Home: Lynchburg, VA
Former Homes: Roanoke, VA (first job), Blacksburg, VA (VT class of '91).
Age: I would put it down, but in another year it would just be wrong again.
Just got started doing this on a spare weekend in the summer of 2010 after stumbling on the COHP web site. Rekindles some of that old Boy Scout experience.
Favorite Peaks (so far):
1. Buffalo Mountain (Floyd County, VA) - incredible in the fall (Sharp Top without the crowds)
2. Mount Pleasant (Amherst County, VA)
3. Wilburn Ridge (Grayson County, VA) - way more impressive than Mt Rogers itself
Bedford County, VA Top 10
1. Apple Orchard Mtn (4225') - done
2. Flat Top (4001') - done
3. Sharp Top (3875') - done
4. Onion Mtn (3812')
5. Headforemost Mtn (3730')
6. Thunder Ridge (3683')
7. Floyd Mtn (3570')
8. Terrapin Mtn (3506')
9. Harkening Hill (3364') - done
10. Highcock Knob (3073')
Amherst County, VA Top 10
1. Rocky Mtn (4072') - done
2. Mount Pleasant (4071') - done
3. Bald Knob (4040') - done
4. Cole Mtn (4033') - done
5. Pompey Mtn (4032') - done
6. Tar Jacket Ridge (3860') - done
7. The Cardinal (3690')
8. Little Rocky Mtn (3402')
9. Bluff Mtn (3372')
10. The Friar (3357')
Quick Top 10 Lists/Peaks
Questions/Comments/Corrections? See the Contact Page
Copyright © 1987-2014 by Peakbagger.com. All Rights Reserved.