Peakbagging Page for Jean André Laverdure
Personal Climb Logs
The links below take you to dynamically generated lists of Jean André Laverdure's peakbagging activity.
- Ascent List: List of Jean André Laverdure's hikes, climbs, summits, and attempts.
- Peak List: List of distinct summits attained, with peak statistics. Includes a peak's "Personal Isolation".
- List of Lists: Peakbagging Lists that Jean André Laverdure is pursuing, showing progress for each list by number and percent of peaks climbed.
- Trip Report Index: Same as the main climb list, but only showing climbs with trip reports and/or GPS Tracks.
- Unsuccessful Ascent List: A badge of honor for real climbers--lessons learned when turning back.
- Multiple Ascents List: A listing of all peaks climbed more than once.
- Progressive Peak List: Time-ordered progressive lists for eight different metrics.
- Unique Peaks and Peak Pairs: Peaks and peak pairs that no other registered site users have climbed.
- Master Peak Map: Interactive worldwide map showing all peaks climbed, color-coded by elevation or prominence.
Reports showing a climber's buddies and other climbers. Click for More Info
Lists personally created by Jean André Laverdure.
- Personal Lists: Shows all lists created by Jean André Laverdure. Includes Query Lists created using the Query Tool, and "Pick-and-Choose" Lists created by selecting individual peaks.
- No Wish List created yet.
Time-Period Summary Reports
These reports show number of peaks climbed, highest point reached, and other statistics grouped by year or month.
US County High Point Links
Jean André Laverdure has self-identified as interested in climbing to the high points of counties in the United States.
On Signal Ridge
... tramping greenwood hemlock bowers,
but solo blue’s a jay piping up beware.
Then as if the overcast betrays o’er
in a backward glance up to halting azure,
a light needling gleam of sliver
so deep suffusing pierced to spirits dead
had that thought once never ever ceased --
to tramp up-country, step for secretly step
into boyish, buoyant hoplite steps.
Trebizond just over horizons,
back to Hellenes from the gates of Babylon
coldish northward streaming, like a sun
glints reverse, on upto mountain courses
a polis Greek over the Black “Sea! Sea!”*
Cosmos grazing distances into fargone realms,
framed alone about in civilized demeanor
cresting to snow dusted heights, calm
enjoying Nature’s bluff in a birch argent allée,
under nestling vault of sky refreshing wind and vigor,
winging on light of foot soaring too a visions aerie.
... trail flash up on Signal Ridge!
Jean André LaVerdure
Hiking Mt. Carrigain, NH
6 November 1996
On Signal Ridge was published in “The Catskill Canister,” Vol. XXXIII, No. 4 Oct-Dec 2000, inspired by “The March Up Country: a translation of Zenophon’s Anabasis (401-399 B.C.) by W.H.D. Rouse, 1947;
The University of Michigan Press, 1974. p.107.
Quick Top 10 Lists/Peaks